Primary Location : Liverpool
Salary: £27,500 – £32,500 (experience dependant)
Job Type: Full-time
Are you an Internet Engineer looking to work for one of Liverpool’s best kept secrets?
We are Baltic Broadband, leaders in Digital Connectivity. We provide a range of wired and wireless Broadband packages to businesses throughout the region, priced competitively and delivered within days, our high speed Internet services help transform businesses.
We operate a national connectivity network of devices, a large Internet of Things (LoRAWAN) network (for connected devices) and specialise in the high end engineering of the internet in order to personalise it around our customers requirements (such as low latency connections for gaming, gambling and virtual reality applications).
We can offer you a rewarding career with competitive pay and excellent benefits including a choice of contributory pension schemes, a generous 30 days annual leave package, a bonus scheme, free gym membership, free home Broadband, your birthday off and be enrolled as a member of the Institute of Engineering and Technology towards professional registration as an Engineer (if not already!).
As an Internet Engineer, a typical day might include the following:
- Helping to run the support desk – Ironing out a connectivity problem for the odd client, resetting some passwords and providing an awesome tech support service to clients who get in touch
- Building kit ready for a clients job and keeping a stock room of kit maintained and running our busy workshops
- Offering expert technical help to the team, to ensure our internal systems run well
- Creating/updating documentation of our ever expanding network
- Working with the installation teams to provide support as and when required
- Project managing a clients installation, coordinating resources and people to help bring everything together
- Brainstorming with fellow Engineers to come up with new ideas for making Baltic Broadband ever better!
This Job might be for you if:
You hold a valid UK driving licence and don’t mind being on call for emergencies (Essential Requirement)
You like helping people. You get a kick out of getting people to those ahha! moments. You are patient, level-headed and cool under pressure. Teaching someone something new makes you feel warm and fuzzy inside.
You pay attention to the details. As far as you’re concerned, anything worth doing is worth doing right, every single time. You stay focused, and nothing falls through the cracks on your watch.
You think on your feet. You like learning new things and you can learn quickly. When things change, you know how to roll with the punches.
You communicate clearly. You write well. You speak eloquently. You can explain just about anything to anyone and you’re comfortable communicating in writing using our trouble-ticketing systems and on the phone as well as having excellent documentation skills (Essential Requirement)
You have Commercial awareness, deliver high quality work with little supervision and thrive on providing outstanding customer service and a positive support experience (Essential Requirement)
You are motivated and driven and can work independently. You volunteer for new challenges without waiting to be asked (Essential Requirement)
You can diagnose problems and troubleshoot across LAN, WAN, Wireless, Firewall (Essential Requirement)
Extra Awesome (nice to have but not an Essential Requirement)
- Have experience of Antennas and Fixed Wireless Access/Mobile, Linux Administration
- Have experience of Virtual Machines (e.g VMWare)
- Have experience of project management
- Have experience with fibre/splicing
To land this gig, you’ll need to have experience with most of the above and show that you can perform well in this very broad and busy role as you will be working in a small but fun and friendly local Liverpool business whereby it’s all hands to the pumps as we expand into the next chapter of our business.
How to Apply:
Please submit a CV with a cover letter that provides examples of how you match the job description above, against the essential parts at the very least.
Applications that clearly don’t match our essential requirements won’t be considered for this role, sorry.
How to Apply:
Please send a CV and a cover letter, detailing how your skills and experience match the criteria above to firstname.lastname@example.org
Also, no agencies please, Baltic Broadband have a policy of recruiting direct.