The Grade II listed building on Renshaw Street in the city centre dates back to 1905 when it began life as a grand Methodist church. It was one of 99 central halls commissioned by the church to be built that were to act as more than just a place of worship.
In the early 2000s, the building became home to the Barcelona Bar, and following the closure of Quiggins on School Lane in 2006, a number of the traders relocated to the Grand Central Hall. In 2007, Roscoe Hall on the first floor opened with many new shops, and in 2011, an impressive performance space opened in the domed area of the building. Known as ‘The Dome’, the space has a capacity of 1,200 and has been used to host many film, theatre and music events.
More changes for Grand Central Hall took place in 2018 when the building was taken over by a new owner who completely redeveloped the hall, basements and upper floors. The work integrated a hotel with bars, live music and event spaces, and a number of restaurants which made up the food hall called The Grand Bazaar.
The Grand Central Hall is a Connected Venue that is ready to switch-on within minutes, with speeds up to 10Gbps and with various technical configurations available according to your needs.