Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £25k -£28k per year basic + Uncapped Commission
Available: Now: please apply.
Are you a salesperson or Engineer looking to work for one of Liverpool’s best kept secrets?
We are Baltic Broadband, leaders in Digital Connectivity. We provide a range of wired and wireless Broadband packages to businesses throughout the region, priced competitively and delivered within days, our high speed Internet services help transform businesses.
We operate a national connectivity network of devices, a large Internet of Things (LoRAWAN) network (for connected devices) and specialise in the high end engineering of the internet in order to personalise it around our customers requirements (such as low latency connections for gaming, gambling and virtual reality applications).
We are looking for a sales superstar to join our amazing team in Liverpool, ideally with previous experience in the internet and I.T industry, a real go getter with all things broadband, or an engineer looking to transition into a commercial role where you will have fantastic earning potential through a great commission scheme.
We can offer you a rewarding career with competitive pay and excellent benefits including a choice of contributory pension schemes, a generous 30 days annual leave package, a bonus scheme, free gym membership, free home Broadband, your birthday off and be enrolled as a member of the Institute of Engineering and Technology towards professional registration as an Engineer (if not already!).
As a Sales Engineer, a typical day might include the following:
- Delivering a high level of customer service as the main contact for our customers (non tech support)
- Taking inbound calls from new and existing customers who wish to enquire about our products and services
- Sourcing potential new customers via a number of different channels such as LinkedIn, blogs, responding to tenders and creating commentary on relevant industry topics or interest areas
- Making cold and warm calls to generate and nurture outbound leads including visits to clients premises
- Maintaining a robust pipeline of opportunities and forward activities for the team
- Working on marketing campaigns that target new customers
- Creating content such as sales and marketing videos, blogs, articles and contributing to external PR
- Creating marketing opportunities through social media channels to maximise reach, making us the name of everyone’s lips for Broadband.
- Responding quickly to customer enquiries in order to maximise conversion rates
- Possessing knowledge of competitors pricing, packages and products and be commercially aware in order to successfully handle enquiries and negotiate to win business.
- Attending industry events, conferences, away days and networking events in order to generate both cold leads while developing relationships with existing customers in order to increase spend
This Job might be for you if:
You hold a valid UK driving licence, have own transport and don’t mind travelling.
You are hungry, passionate, an expert at winning new business and exceeding business sales targets.
You will be a go-getter, consistently creating new outbound sales opportunities (through calls, social media and other channels).
You will have a natural ability and flair to up-sell our products & services, with the aim of closing inbound sales leads.
You are an excellent listener, ideally through asking probing questions and are able to identify customer needs and obstacles. You like helping people and get a buzz from helping them maximise their potential.
You are patient, level-headed and cool under pressure. You act with true professionalism and resilience with an expert and agile influencing style.
You have an exceptional ability to qualify sales leads. You pay attention to the details. As far as you’re concerned, anything worth doing is worth doing right, every single time. You stay focused, and nothing falls through the cracks on your watch.
You think on your feet. You like learning new things and you can learn quickly. When things change, you know how to roll with the punches.
You have highly developed communication planning, prioritisation and presentation skills. You communicate clearly. You write well. You speak eloquently. You can explain and sell just about anything to anyone and you’re comfortable communicating over the phone, in person and in writing.
You have strong commercial awareness and can deliver high quality work with little supervision and thrive on providing outstanding customer service and a positive support experience.
You love to take ownership and accountability. You are motivated and driven and can work independently. You volunteer for new challenges without waiting to be asked.
You love to foster strong internal relationships and excellent team working environments with key teams such as provisioning, pre-sales and management
You have bags of Industry awareness, with the ability to identify market trends, threats and opportunities and have an understanding of the customer decision making processes, fostering influencer, recommender and decision maker relationships and having a clear understanding of budgetary sign-off timeframes and requirements.
You are able to understand customer needs and business outcome requirements, ensuring maximum conversion rates.
Ideally, you’ll be a Salesperson/Sales Engineer with 2+ years’ experience in a Service Provider environment, but we may consider less.
To land this gig, you’ll need to have experience with most of the above and show that you can perform well in this very broad and busy role as you will be working in a small but fun and friendly local Liverpool business whereby it’s all hands to the pumps as we expand into the next chapter of our business.
How to Apply:
Please send a CV and a cover letter, detailing how your skills and experience match the criteria above to email@example.com